Backend Developer (PHP)
About the role
Our client is a UK-based leading eCommerce and technology services company for the world’s major entertainment brands. Founded in 2005, they pride themselves on being forward-looking, dynamic, and innovative.
They have a brilliant team of 40 people working across technology, eCommerce, product design, and marketing to ensure high standards for clients and customers alike.
Their culture is fast-paced and collaborative and constantly developing and exploring new technologies and approaches to continuously improve what they do – inside and out.
They’ve been a distributed business from the day they started. They are growing and looking for new and exceptional talent to grow and develop with them and join their fantastic journey.
Over the past 15 years, our client’s Dev team has been developing platforms for over 50 global clients/agencies, enabling them to deliver
marketing and commerce websites tailored to their specific needs, at a significant scale.
You will be working in a dedicated team of highly skilled engineers in an atmosphere that is relaxed and friendly and where they maintain a laser focus on delivering excellence and value for their clients. They follow the scrum methodology, with JIRA being their administration tool of choice.
Who are you?
As a Backend Web Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some high profile projects, brands and properties that are delivered at
significant scale. You will need a combination of good technical skills and a keen eye for detail. You will be helping them to build WordPress
themes / plugins and Shopify themes / apps that are used on marketing + commerce sites that reach millions of people per month.
You are someone that is passionate about building great software and working with like-minded people to do the same. You should be
someone who has the ability to operate without close supervision and we are looking for:
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal, communication, organization and time management skills
- A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering above expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong self-motivation to continue learning new skills + languages
- Experience of working within a distributed and fast paced environment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, incoming/outgoing communications across Slack, email etc.
- Ability to work proactively, methodically and at speed.
A highly motivated individual with a keen interest in web technologies and a proven track record of continued learning.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience
- Proficiency in PHP server-side programming language
- Experience with MySQL database queries and schema’s
- Experience with WordPress (not just front-end) – i.e. Plugin and Theme creation, WP-Admin modification, Core loop event model
- An understanding of core OOP principles and familiarity with security best practices
- Experience adhering to company processes and coding standards
It would advantageous if you have:
These will be taught on the job to the right candidate, but experience in these will be viewed positively
- NodeJS – backend / lambda coding, NPM
- Shopify – CMS familiarity, theme creation, API usage
- Amazon Web Services console
- Linux – command line usage, BASH scripting etc.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Take responsibility for delivery of assigned Scrum Items or Support Ticket Solutions
- Liaise with internal teams to help capture requirements/issues and transition them to scrum items/support tickets
- Perform simple analysis and produce accurate effort estimates
- Work to be proficient in 3-4 areas of our technology stack
- Develop Code inline with company processes + secure coding standards
- Respond to High Priority incident alerts within SLA
What happens next?
Like the sound of this one? You can reach us at [email protected] – we look forward to chatting with you!
Be part of revolutionising the future of cloud with Kumoco.
“According to predictions from Gartner, global spending on cloud services is expected to reach over $482 billion in 2022, up from $313 billion in 2020.”